So, what makes us unique?
- Personal Service
- When commission us, we believe in the personal touch. That’s why our MD, Christopher Sutton, is at the forefront of all we do. Typically in other design agencies (and we used to fall into that category) you are introduced to the agency by the dynamic and highly experienced MD, seduced with the knowledge and ideas and quickly delegated to a junior designer to deliver your hard earned venue.
But here at Collaborative Design, you will work side by side with Chris from inception to completion. Behind the scenes, Chris will be orchestrating the architectural and shop fitting design team but all will be delivered directly by him.
- Local Expertise
- Our MD Chris Sutton, has personally lived and breathed bar, restaurant and nightclub design within the Newcastle area for over 27 years now, helping to cultivate and implement the night time economy in the Town. He’s been lucky enough to be involved in delivering some of the most popular and successful venues throughout the city including, Tup Tup Palace, Loja Lounge, Barluga, Jesmond Beach Box and the majority of Collingwood Street to name a few. We have very good relationships, due to our time in the city, with all the best contractors, suppliers, consultants, not to mention our relationships within the licensing and planning departments.
- All encompassing, holistic approach
- We spend time to consider and advise, which can sometimes conclude talking the client out of the project! what do I mean by this? We’re sure that when you decided to approach an interior designer you were thinking of thought provoking and well finished interiors, well you’d be right, but here, we spend time with you to also assess if your project is going to be feasible and ultimately successful.
We will, free of charge, appraise potential properties you have in mind (or even source) and advise on infrastructure, i.e. will this restaurant be able to install ventilation for a kitchen for example and what is the likelihood of a license or planning permission for said project.
We also give our opinion on the potential for success due to its location, footfall, and potential customer experience of the space. It matters to us, this isn’t just a project for us, more of a legacy, so it matters greatly that we get it right.
- Architectural Services
- It’s not all about the fluffy stuff! We have the knowledge and experience to navigate any potential project through the tricky terrain of Licensing, Planning, environmental health, building regs and all the pit falls in between. We have an experienced team of qualified architects whose aim is to take the pain out of the initial stages of the project and ensure its safe passage to a successful opening, a holistic service you will struggle to find with other hospitality conceptual designers.
- Let us tell your story… We will work with you to understand your business and your customers so we can design an experience matching style with substance. The design concept of your event, hospitality or social space starts as a central idea – a theme that draws together colours, textures, lighting, furniture and finishes to evoke an emotion in your customers – an atmosphere that can’t be found anywhere else.